Students should read Student Participant Agreement before participating in the program.
Students are required to download, sign, scan and upload a signed version of the Students Participant Agreement in the system after the project is completed and before the bonus is paid.
1. What kind of support can the selected students gain in the program
Meeting open source partners and technical experts.
Professional guidance of community mentors.
Gaining experience in open source projects to enrich your CV.
Receiving gifts, bonus, certificate from the organizing committee.
i. Students who pass the final term assessment will receive the project bonus, certificate of completion and a gift package from the organizing committee.
ii. Students who pass the final term assessment will obtain the certificate of completion or outstanding student certificate.
Must be at least 18 years old at time of registration.
The students who will graduate in this summer can submit the project application as long as your student ID card is valid at the time of application submission.
Overseas students can provide the Admission Letter/student ID Card/Certificate of Enrollment.
|1||04/21-05/20||Pick the projects that you are interested in
Communicate with mentor and prepare the application materials.
|You can Sign up from April 21st|
|2||05/21-06/04||Submit the Project Application|
|3||06/15||Accepted student projects announced
Check the official website
|4||06/16-06/30||Project warm-up period||The accepted students can further communicate with the community and mentor about the project and warm up for project development.|
|5||07/01-09/30||Project developing period|
|6||Early November||Check the final-term result||Students who passed the review will receive bonus and certificate|
|7||Mid November||Announcement of excellent students|
（2）Details for Participation Process
1. Pick the projects that you are interested in and communicate with mentor and prepare the application materials.
PICK THE PROJECTS
Follow up the Project List.
You can apply for up to three projects at the same time, but can only undertake one project in the end.
Each project is undertaken by only one student.
Can students apply for projects not in the community project list?
No. If you would like to apply the projects not on official website, you can communicate with community to release this project in system before deadline. You could apply it after the review approved.
COMMUNICATE WITH MENTOR
- Students can enter into the project list of each community through the official website page of the program. There will be a designated mentor name and e-mail in each project description. It is suggested that students communicate with tutors through e-mail. E-mail is also the basic way to participate in the community.
- Please pay attention to the basic etiquette of communication with the tutor. The mentor only provides guidance and suggestions within their capability. The application, design and development of the project are completed by the students themselves.
PREPARE THE APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Please sign up in Open Source Promotion Plan Management System to complete the personal information before June 3, 2022 UTC+8.
- Please see the Project Application Template and prepare the relevant materials according to the requirements.
- The quality of the project application is the main criteria for the organizing committee to assess whether the student is passed or not.
2. Submit the Project Application
You can apply for up to three projects at the same time, but can only undertake one project in the end. When submitting the project applications, you need to rank the selected priority of all the projects you apply for. If you are selected by multiple projects at the same time, the project with higher priority will be selected according to the project ranking submitted.
If I have already been a member of the community, can I apply for the community projects？
Yes, You can apply. But the applicant can not participate as the mentor of any projects in this program at the same time.
- Submit the application via Open Source Promotion Plan Management System before June 4, 2022 UTC+8.
3. Accepted student projects announced
4. Developing project and submit the developing output for final term assessment
- The code repository used by students in the process of project development can be communicated and determined by the community.
- Students need to submit the report to Open Source Promotion Plan Management System.
- By the end of the project development (i.e. by 9/30) , students need to submit PR to community's repository and submit final report to Open Source Promotion Plan Management System.
5. Developing project and submit the developing output for final-term review
FINAL TERM REVIEW
i. Students submit the project final report at the designated platform.
ii. Community members of community organizations (tutors and other community developers, the specific number of which is decided by the community) give evaluation opinions referring to the following aspects, and submit the evaluation opinions to the designated location of the platform:
- Projects undertaken by students need to be submitted as PR and merged into the open source community repository.
- Evaluate whether the project output meets the initial objectives and requirements of the project.
- List of contributions submitted to the community.
- Evaluate the operation of project output.
- The perfection of project related documents.
- For R & D projects, whether the closing report provides the corresponding test verification results.
- Other aspects that the community and tutors think need to be evaluated.
iii. The organizing committee organizes a review panel to review the project output, and gives the final review conclusion (pass, fail) based on the review opinions of the community.
6. Check the final-term result
The result will be announced on the official webiste.
Students who passed the review will receive bonus, certificate of completion or outstanding student certificate.
7. Announcement of excellent students
1. When will the students start project development
After the organizing committee officially announced the selected students.
2. Can the selected students develop in advance
Before the organizing committee publishes the list of selected students, the candidates of the funded students of the project are in an uncertain state, and any student's application may be rejected due to other students' better project plan or other reasons.
The organizing committee does not recommend that students start research and development work in advance, instead, should focus on improving the project application and project scheme. Whether it is the project of this program or the work project in the future, the early project planning and scheme design are very important.
3. Which programming language should students use to develop projects
Students can choose the programming language according to the needs of community projects. In general, it should be consistent with the programming language used by the community.
4. Student Bonus Instruction
- How much bonus amount will each student receive?
Each project will be awarded RMB 12000 or RMB 8000 (before tax), which based on the level of project difficulty.
- When will the bonus be paid?
Students who pass the final-term assessment will receive the bonus. Accordingly, the student will not receive the bonus if he/she fails the final evaluation.
How to pay the foreign students’ bonus?
i. The foreign students’ bonus shall be settled in dollars, subject to the real-time exchange rate at the time of bonus payment.
ii. The students’ bonus will be paid by credit transfer method. There is no restriction on which bank but the bank account must be under your own name. Also, the organizing committee will collect the following information from the student on the basis of the requirements of State Taxation Administration of The People's Republic of China:
- Payee's Full Name
- ID Card Number
- Date of Birth
- Telephone Number
- Payee's Address
- Payee's Bank Name and Address
- Payee's Bank Account
Note: The above information is required according to the current international settlement policy. The organizing committee will take reasonable measures to protect private data, personal identity information and other sensitive information.
iii. The tax payment or tax payment certificate including the amount of this payment is applicable to the situation where Chinese and foreign personnel obtain income in China according to the tax terms, and individual income taxes withheld and paid by the organizing committee on behalf. The calculation method is as follows (Unit: Yuan):
Below 3750, 3% tax rate (80% * 3%)
Below 15000, 10% tax rate (bonus 80% * 10% - 210)
Below 31250, 20% tax rate is (bonus 80% * 20% - 1410)
Note: If the Payee's account name or country is on the restricted list of FATF, the United Nations, the Ministry of Public Security or other external agencies, the payee will be responsible for the consequences of not being able to receive money.